- Educational Standards Committee
- ASSE Curriculum Guidelines
- Journal of Safety and Health Research
- ASSE's Academics Practice Specialty
- Outstanding Safety Educator Award
- Academic Internship Standards
Professional and Global Affairs Specialist
What do SH&E Professionals Do?
Safety, health, and environmental professionals are dedicated individuals that strive to find innovative ways to protect people, property and the environment. To accomplish this, SH&E professionals manage, supervise, research, and consult on safety, health and environmental issues in all industries, in government, for labor and education. In each of these areas, safety professionals may do any of the following:
- Anticipate, identify, and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices.
- Develop hazard control designs, methods, procedures, and programs.
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
The safety, health & environmental profession has many facets and exciting opportunities. Through education and training, you can be a part of a dynamic profession of individuals that care deeply about the safety and health of workers across the globe.
The Many Possibilities of the Safety Profession
- What do occupational safety professionals do?
- Subfields and emerging specialty areas
- Job outlook and potential salary