Looking to hire a safety professional?
- Resumés and Cover Letters
- Using Job Boards
- Temporary or Contract Jobs
- Keeping a Positive Attitude
- Networking Tips
- Online Networking
- Networking Partners
- Job Leads Board
- Volunteer Opportunities
- ASSE Practice Speciality Groups
- Additional Resources Access the Networking Center
SH&E Career Resource Center
Networking Partners Program Allows Members to Help Each Other Through Difficult Times
ASSE members are finding creative and innovative ways to help each other during this difficult economic period. One example comes from Minnesota where an ASSE member started a LinkedIn Group (focused on networking) for Minnesota members that has been very successful. The 300 plus members in the group are constantly attending each others’ networking events, asking technical questions, discussing best practices, and posting job leads. The networking capabilities of the group have put 10 people back to work and have facilitated countless informational meetings and interviews for its members.
The group’s creator adopted some particularly unique strategies that made his LinkedIn group successful. Some of these strategies included:
- Reaching out to local recruiters that were willing to get to know some of the group members.
- Allowing local vendors to join the group with the agreement that they would not include any spam in their content. This allowed the group to develop relationships with vendors who later sponsored food and drinks for networking events.
- Contacting chapter presidents in Minnesota and informing them about the specific opportunities available through the LinkedIn group.
- ASSE Professional Development Opportunities
- Grants and Scholarships for Retraining
- Online Skill Building Tutorials
Facing a career change can stop you in your tracks trying to figure out what to do next and the fear of making the "wrong" move.Learn more about changing careers