The Health & Wellness Branch was approved at the Safety 2011 Council on Practices & Standards (CoPS) meeting and is sponsored by the Healthcare Practice Specialty. The Health & Wellness Branch provides a forum to raise awareness and educate its’ members on personal and global health and well-being and the connection to safety. Health issues, fatigue, stress, diet and physical fitness factor into illness, injuries and incidents. Wellness plays an important part in safety, health and productivity. The Health & Wellness Branch will establish a knowledge base along with tools and resources to help safety professionals become proficient in influencing employees to make appropriate lifestyle choices that result in a safer, healthier workforce and happier employees.
The branch publishes a triannual electronic newsletter, and sponsors technical sessions at ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference.
- Network with top health and wellness professionals via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- FREE membership with membership in the Healthcare Practice Specialty.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Group sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.