The North American Occupational Safety and Health Week occurs every year during the first full week of May. Its aim is to increase awareness of the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace.
Poster Contest Materials
The contest begins in August and is complete in February each year. Please visit us again in August 2013 to learn how you can help!
How Members Can Get Involved
- Include a short write-up about NAOSH Week in your corporate newsletter.
- Encourage a child to enter the ASSE kids’ “Safety on the Job” poster contest. Entries are accepted from September-February of each year.
- Invite students from the community to tour your operations, highlighting basic safety features and the importance of working safely.
- Visit your local high school’s guidance office, or make an appointment to see a guidance counselor to make updates to information on the SH&E profession.
- With permission, display a NAOSH Week poster or banner in a prominent location in your community (i.e., the library, police or fire department, hospital, community center, park district, etc.).
- Write a letter to the editor of your local newspaper(s) highlighting the importance of NAOSH Week.
- Host a safety open house for the community, inviting suppliers, local community leaders, clients, colleagues, and their families.
- Set up safety demonstrations at work or in your community.
- Forward photos of NAOSH events that you sponsor or participate in to the ASSE Public Relations team.