January 9-10, 2013
Oil rigs. Drilling operations. Around the world and deep undersea, those workers in the upstream oil and gas sector search for, recover and produce the crude oil and natural gas that helps to keep our world running. As people working in the field often say, it can be very rewarding work.
But as we know, with those rewards, comes risk.
Learn all about the risks to workers in the upstream sector by attending this ASSE Virtual Symposium!
After completing this symposium, attendees will be able to:
- Describe risks specific to those working in fracking operations, especially those risks related to silica exposure.
- Explain fall protections hazards inherent to workers in the upstream oil sector.
- Appraise emerging upstream oil industry trends, benchmarking them against their own safety management approaches.
- Recall the dangers, exposure limits and safety best practices surrounding Hydrogen Sulfide.
- Better manage safety-related decisions in projects with contractors.
- Examine their journey management operations with the goal of minimizing risks and exposures.
- Analyze and successfully respond to environmentally focused regulatory changes that may come from local, state and Federal agencies.
- Communicate more effectively to their organization’s crisis management team in order to develop a more robust emergency response process.
- Discuss recent advances in protective performance testing of flame resistant clothing.
What is a Virtual Symposium?
An ASSE Virtual Symposium is two days of virtual learning presented to you via ASSE’s webinar platform. View and listen to sessions live, chat with speakers and earn CEUs, all from your computer!
Best yet, the Virtual Symposium is built around your schedule. ALL Virtual Symposium sessions are recorded and available to view whenever, and wherever you have a computer and a connection to the Internet.
Core Features of the Virtual Symposium:
- Webinars: With our live and recorded webcasts, you’ll have access to a depth of experience from safety practitioners just like yourself, discussing the latest trends and best practices.
- Networking: The Virtual Symposium is built around an easy-to-use social networking system, accessible only to speakers and registered attendees.
- Resource Room: From session slides to bonus video content, articles and proceedings papers, each Virtual Symposium contains a variety of different supplemental learning materials that pertain to the symposium theme.
- CEUs: 1.6 CEUs.