CRITERIA FOR CANDIDATES FOR SOCIETY OFFICE
While we desire only the best qualified candidates for these positions, we must also keep in mind that the qualifications must not be so demanding that (almost) no candidates could meet those qualifications.
Due to the nature of these Society elected positions, each of the candidates should possess these "Overarching Qualifications." These criteria are in excess of the qualifications as defined in the Bylaws.
- Professional Member in good standing of the Society.
- Involvement in Society affairs on a Society Council, committee or task force.
- Has made positive and identifiable contributions to the Society and the safety profession. This would be determined by awards, promotions, patents, publications, successful implementation of programs proposed by the candidate or proposed by groups chaired or directed by the candidate.
- Chapter, Practice Specialty or Region/Area service.
- Brings to the office an understanding of the Vision of the Society and the safety profession.
- Strong organizational and decision making skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Good motivator with ability to organize and accomplish projects.
- Has demonstrated support of Society mission, objectives and strategic plan.
- Has represented the Society in a professional manner, and always presents the image ASSE would wish to portray.
- Has read, understands and acknowledged the responsibility and obligations of top elective office in ASSE.
- Has employer support.
Approved By/Date: Board of Directors 02/13, House of Delegates 06/13
Replaces Edition Dated: 06/11
Next Revision Due: 06/16