- Educational Standards Committee
- ASSE Curriculum Guidelines
- Journal of Safety and Health Research
- ASSE's Academics Practice Specialty
- Outstanding Safety Educator Award
- Academic Internship Standards
Professional and Global Affairs Specialist
Subfields and Emerging Specialty Areas
The kind of work that a safety professional does varies widely depending on each individual’s education, experience, and unique passions to protect people, property and the environment. Below are a few subfields and emerging specialty areas that SH&E professionals concentrate on to put a unique spin on their careers!
Fire Protection and Safety
| Fire Protection and Engineering
ASSE has also identified specific industries or fields where safety professionals often work. Within ASSE, these groups are called Practice Specialties and they include:
The Many Possibilities of the Safety Profession
- What do occupational safety professionals do?
- Subfields and emerging specialty areas
- Job outlook and potential salary