We all age, sure. But there's more to an aging workforce than planning for retirements.
Cynthia Roth, CEO of Ergonomic Technologies Corporation and Angela Banerjee, Director of Loss Control with Acuity, will lead a holistic discussion that will help prepare you for the potential risks. Using data gleaned from the insurance carrier ACUITY, the presenters will quantify the aging workforce - and get into a discussion around the portion of Workers' Comp claims attributed to them. Cynthia and Angela will also list the physical and cognitive changes and how they affect injury risks - and share strategies for addressing and compensating for those challenges. Finally, they'll share strategies for preserving and sharing the knowledge and company loyalty of your aging workers prior to their departure from the organization.
- Understand the cognitive and physical changes associated with aging
- Identify what injury types are more likely and how to combat those risks
- Identify options to glean and share experienced employees' knowledge and loyalty with the rest of the workforce.
This webcast is sponsored by ASSE's Women in Safety Engineering (WISE) Common Interest Group. Never been a member of WISE? If you're an ASSE member, you can get a complimentary WISE membership by registering for this webinar!
WISE Members: $25.00 (Use code WISE2015 when registering)
Member Price: $95.00
List Price: $115.00
The WISE Mentoring program successfully connects today’s most talented and experienced women mentors with rising and aspiring mentees. This pairing is designed to encourage and empower mentees to more effectively advance their careers through alignment with identified business objective, skill development, career option consideration, and network formation. All discussions are strictly confidential between the two parties.
If you are an SH&E practitioner seeking to chart a successful career path or a seasoned pro eager to share experiences and insight, please visit the ASSE WISE website for more information.
WISE will be making new matches for the program in October. If you are looking for a mentor in the safety industry or are interested in being a mentor, please fill out an on-line application on our Mentoring Program page (link at right) by October 15, 2015. Please contact email@example.com for more info.
Meet Our Officers
Administrator: Jennifer Zipeto
Assistant Administrator: OPEN
Secretary: Lori Elder
Under Secretary: Stacey Kruse
Treasurer: Maureen Johnson
- Membership: Recruitment/sustainment of overall membership and partners. Contact: Monique Parker
- International Membership: Recruit and sustain the membership of international WISE members. Contact: Kathy Seabrook
- ChapterWISE Representative: Coordination of all local level (Chapter) WISE representatives. Contact: Lesli Johnson
- Mentor Program: Pairs WISE members in a developmental relationship to coach and advise through specific career need scenarios. Contact: Louise Vallee
- Member Spotlight: Create monthly highlight to feature a WISE member. Contact: Melonee Cruse
- Body of Knowledge (BOK): Develop information for WISE, liaison to ASSE BOK project. Contact: Maribeth Anderson
- PDC Planning: Coordinates special activities at annual PDC. Contact: Monique Parker
- Professional Development: Advisor for potential speakers on behalf of WISE. Contact: Adele Abrams
- Awards & Honors: Selection committee for WISE-related awards. Contact: Jennifer Zipeto
- Content Coordinator: Heather Earl
- Website/Social Media Management: Develop and maintain WISE website and social media information. Contact: Angela Banerjee
- WISE Directory of Products and Services: Online resource for products geared to women and women-owned SH&E businesses. Contact: Kristen Herman
- Marketing/Partner Relations: Contact: Kelly Bernish
- Retreat Planning: Contact: Jennifer Zipeto
- Student Outreach: Contact: Angela Banerjee
- Education/Webinars: Contact: Lori Elder and Angela Banerjee
Please e-mail these Sub-Chairs to be added to their list of contacts and to receive further information on their goals and strategic plans.
We look forward to your participation!
To join WISE, contact ASSE Customer Service at (847)699-2929.