The Service Branch was established in 2002 to cover issues related to the service and hospitality industries, such as lodging, resort, zoo, restaurant, theme park, retail, entertainment and cruise line safety. The branch’s triannual electronic publication, At Your Service, highlights industry SH&E issues, news and technical topics. Branch members help identify governmental and regulatory issues. They promote research and education, and maintain contact with other key industry organizations and standards committees. The branch sponsors technical sessions, roundtable discussions, event s and tours at ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference. The Service Branch is sponsored by the Management Practice Specialty (MPS) and is FREE to all MPS members.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points.
- Join now!
- Volunteer as your schedule permits.
- Industry-focused networking via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email and access to publication archives.
- Access to interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Group sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
Chair: Bill Barbarow
Vice Chair: OPEN
Executive Secretary: OPEN
Publication Coordinator: OPEN
Membership Development: OPEN
Web & Social Media: Scott Galas
Body of Knowledge: OPEN
Conferences & Seminars: OPEN
Awards & Honors: OPEN
Special Projects: OPEN
Lodging Subcommittee: Tim Jones, Paul Wheeler
Retail Subcommittee: Rob Connery, Karsten Morris
Restaurant Subcommittee: Sean Shanahan, Anita Muller
Entertainment Subcommittee: Scott Galas