- Risk Management: Use of ANSI/ASSE/ISO Standards in the Middle East
- CoPS Awards
- Return-to-Work Programs
- How to Survive in Loss Control
- Five Costly Mistakes Employers Make with Workers' Compensation (pdf)
- Using a Holistic, Integrated Approach to Changing Your SH&E Culture
- Table1 (Bill Thomas article, RM/Insight, Vol.9 No.1) (pdf)
- SH&E Heroes & the Actuary’s Chamber of Secrets (pdf)
- White Paper: Guidance for Evaluating Nanotechnology Risk
- The Cost of Uncertainty: Nanotechnology Could Be Risky Business
- The Keys to a Best-in-Class Fleet Safety Program
- Newsletter Devoted to Z15.1 Standard
The Risk Management/Insurance Practice Specialty (RMIPS) was first established as a division on July 1, 1984 with just 117 members. Today, RMIPS has more than 2,400 members and is ASSE’s second largest practice specialty.
RMIPS serves the interests of risk managers and insurance/loss control specialists who specialize in critical risk areas, such as workplace safety and health, fleet safety, property conservation and liability control, all within the SH&E profession. Its prime focus is safety professionals who provide risk management services to clients of insurance carriers, insurance agencies and brokers.
In addition, RMIPS publishes RM/Insight, its tri-annual electronic newsletter, and sponsors technical sessions at ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points and the chance to win a cash prize.
- Join RMIPS for only $20!
- Volunteer for as little as 30 minutes per week.
- Network with top risk management and insurance professionals via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Group sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
Administrator: Jim Newberry
Assistant Administrator: Fran Sehn
Publication Coordinator: Thaddeus Nosal
Membership Development Chair: Bob McEldowney
Awards & Honors Chair: Dirk Duchscherer
Body of Knowledge Chair: Mark Oldham
Conferences & Seminars Chair: Leslie Batterson
Web Chair: Kevin Murray