The Oil & Gas Practice Specialty (OGPS) began as a branch of the Transportation Practice Specialty in 1996 and was then approved to become its own practice specialty in 2008. OGPS publishes a triannual electronic publication, Well Informed, helps develop sessions for ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference and is responsible for producing technical content on the oil and gas industry for ASSE. OGPS addresses topics such as oil and gas drilling, gathering, fracking, production, operations, processing, refining, equipment, storage, transportation and distribution. Upstream, downstream and offshore operations are covered, and we always welcome topic suggestions from members.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points and the chance to win a cash prize.
- Join OGPS for only $20!
- Volunteer as your schedule permits.
- Industry-focused networking via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email and access to publication archives.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Practice Specialty sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
- Administrator: Tracey Riepenhoff
- Assistant Administrator: Wayne Vanderhoof
- Secretary: Ed Grosse
- Publication Coordinator: OPEN
- Membership Development: Rick Simon
- Website/Social Media: John Campbell
- Conferences & Seminars: Saheed Shola Olaniyi
- Body of Knowledge: Abid Tauseef
- Awards & Honors: Bryan Walters
- Nominations: Abid Tauseef
- Regional Liaison: Eric Roth
- Regional Liaison: Ashok Lenka