Dept. of Defense
- DoD 4145.26-M, Contractor’s Safety Manual for Ammunition & Explosives
- DoD Instruction 6050.05, Hazard Communication Program
- DoD Instruction 6055.04, Traffic Safety Program
- DoD Instruction 6055.07, Mishap Notification Investigation, Reporting & Recordkeeping
- DoD Instruction 6055.11, Protecting Personnel from Electromagnetic Fields
- DoD Instruction 6055.16, Explosives Safety Management Program
- Motor Vehicle Traffic Supervision
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-10: Army Safety Program
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-16: System Safety Management Guide
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-24: The Army Radiation Safety Program
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-30: Mishap Risk Management
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-40: Army Accident Investigations & Reporting
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-61: Toxic Chemical Agent Safety Standards
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-63: Range Safety
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-64: Ammunition & Explosives Safety Standards
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-65: Explosive & Chemical Site Plan Development & Submission
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-69: Safety Standards for Microbiological & Biomedical Laboratories
- Army Safety Program
- Dept. of the Army Pamphlet 385-80: Hospital/Medical Facility Safety Management
- Army Bibliography
- Aviation Safety
- Convoy Checklist
- Driver & Operator Standardization Program
- Prevention of Motor Vehicle Accidents
The Military Branch covers safety topics relevant to active duty, reserve and National Guard members and their civil service counterparts. Operational, fleet and off-duty safety are covered since the branches of the military share common risks and exposures not generally seen outside the military services. The Military Branch was established in 2010 and develops rich technical content delivered via publications, conference material, virtual events and much more. The Military Branch is led by a strong volunteer advisory committee that is available to help members learn and grow. The Branch also offers several networking opportunities for members to take advantage of. The Military Branch is sponsored by the International Practice Specialty and allows members to maximize their ASSE membership through targeted resources. Branch membership is open to all ASSE members. Contact customer service with any questions.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points.
- Join for only $20!
- Volunteer as your schedule permits.
- Industry-focused networking via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email and access to publication archives.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
- Chair: Chris Gates
- Vice Chair: Robert Barnette
- Executive Secretary: Tom Loughman
- Publication Coordinator: Shawn Lewis
- Membership Development: Joshua Franklin
- Web & Social Media: Robert Barnette
- Body of Knowledge: David Barragan
- Conferences & Seminars: Pam Wilkinson
- Awards & Honors: George Pearson
- Special Projects: OPEN
Professional Development Conference
U.S. Air Force
- Air Force Instruction 40-201: Managing Radioactive Materials in the U.S. Air Force
- Air Force Instruction 90-801: Environment, Safety & Occupational Health Councils
- Air Force Instruction 91-202: Mishap Prevention Program
- Air Force Instruction 91-204: Safety Investigations & Reports
- Air Force Instruction 91-207: Traffic Safety Program
- Air Force Instruction 91-301: Air Force Occupational & Environmental Safety, Fire Protection & Health Program
- Air Force Instruction 91-302: Air Force Occupational & Environmental Safety, Fire Protection & Health Standards
- Air Force Policy Directive 91-1: Nuclear Weapons & Systems Surety
- Air Force Policy Directive 91-2: Safety Programs
- Air Force Policy Directive 91-3: Occupational Safety & Health
U.S. Coast Guard
- COMDTINST 1754.3A: Critical Incident Stress Management
- COMDTINST 2450.1: Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) Policy
- COMDTINST 3500.3: Operational Risk Management
- COMDTINST 5100.27: Coast Guard Light Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation (Laser) Hazard Control Policy
- COMDTINST 5100.56: District Safety & Environmental Health Program
- COMDTINST 5370.1A: Workplace Violence & Threatening Behavior
- COMDTINST M3010.13B: Contingency Preparedness Planning Manual, Vol. III
- COMDTINST M3150.1C: Coast Guard Diving Policies & Procedures Manual, Vol. 1
- COMDTINST M5100.47: Safety & Environmental Health Manual