The Management Practice Specialty (MPS) was established in the late 1970s. Any ASSE member can join MPS. The group focuses on management, supervisory, safety program oversight, culture, leadership issues and much more. MPS works with chapters to develop management-related programs and sponsors concurrent sessions at ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference and post-conference seminars. Its triannual electronic publication, The Compass, regularly features articles on management’s role in safety programs and safety leadership. Group communications are sent via email and you can also connect with the group via LinkedIn, the volunteer advisory committee and regular events.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points and the chance to win a cash prize.
- Join for only $20!
- Volunteer as your schedule permits.
- Industry-focused networking via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email and access to publication archives.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Practice Specialty sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
Administrator: Dave Natalizia
Assistant Administrator: Brian Weatherly
Executive Secretary: Amy Bower
Publication Coordinator: Patricia Reed
Membership Development: Kim Jackson
Web & Social Media: OPEN
Body of Knowledge: Dennis Averill
Conferences & Seminars: Anita Muller
Awards & Honors: OPEN
Special Projects: Tom O’Hara