- IPS Open Webinar on GCC SH&E Regulations (1-29-14 - VIDEO)
- CSSE Presentation: OHS in Canada
- IPS Strategic Plan 2013-2014
- International Resource Guide
- Country Profiles
- Technical Articles
- ASSE Diversity Initiatives
- Professional Safety Journal Archive
- Nexsteps Career Center
- Consultants Directory
- CoPS Awards
- ISHN Global
- IPS Open Call (5-28-13)
- IPS Open Call (9-24-13)
- IPS Open Call (1-29-14)
International SH&E Regulatory Agencies
- Australia: Department of Sustainability, Environment, Water, Population & Communities (Federal)
- Australia: WorkCover Authority of NSW (State)
- Australia: WorkSafe Victoria (State)
- Austria: International Atomic Energy Agency
- Canada: International Commission on Radiological Protection
- International Labour Organization
- Ireland: Health & Safety Authority
- Nigeria: Department of Petroleum Resources
- Nigeria: Federal Ministry of Environment
- Nigeria: Lagos State Environmental Protection Agency
- Nigeria: Lagos State Government
- Nigeria: National Environmental Standards & Regulations Enforcement Agency
- Nigeria: Nigerian Maritime Administration & Safety Agency
- Spain: Department for Agriculture, Food & Environmental Affairs [Ministerio de Agricultura, Alimentacion y Medio Ambiente (MAGRAMA)]
- Spain: National Institute of Occupational Health & Safety [Instituto Nacional de Seguridad e Higiene en el Trabajo (INSHT)]
- Switzerland: World Health Organization
- United Kingdom: HSE
- Washington, DC: Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency
- Washington, DC: OPIC
The International Practice Specialty (IPS) was created in 1996. IPS’s vision is to provide leadership of the SH&E profession globally. Its mission is to provide a forum for internationally minded SH&E professionals to exchange ideas, information and knowledge-based technology for the protection of people, property and the environment globally. IPS achieves this mission by developing networking opportunities for its members, partnering with other international safety organizations and building a solid infrastructure within ASSE to help share innovative ideas and best management practices.
IPS sponsors the Military Branch. They have also been instrumental in helping develop and support several international sections and chapters. IPS’s triannual electronic publication, World Focus, features articles on global SH&E topics and includes interviews with SH&E professionals from around the world. IPS also publishes an online International Resource Guide and develops technical sessions for ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points and the chance to win a cash prize.
- Join IPS for only $20!
- Volunteer as your schedule permits.
- Industry-focused networking via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email and access to publication archives.
- Access to interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Practice Specialty sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Administrator: Ashok Garlapati
Assistant Administrator: Rich Moscato
Executive Secretary: Adivi Bala Srikanth
Publication Coordinator: Adam Neave
Awards & Honors: John Kanouse
Body of Knowledge: Eldeen Pozniak
Professional Development: Derek DeShields
Membership Development: Jitu Patel
Nominations: John Kanouse
Website: Lyndsey Linnen
Conferences & Webinars: Brian Anderson
Advisor: Kathy Seabrook
Coordinator: Stuart Wood
Liaison Coordinator: Jim Johnston