- Government Affairs Information
- Journal of SH&E Research
- Foundation Published Research Studies
- PDC Proceedings Index
- Professional Safety Journal Archive
- Nexsteps Career Center
- Consultants Directory
- The Association of Safe Patient Handling Professionals
- Agency for Healthcare Quality
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Department of Health & Human Services
- Food and Drug Administration
- The Joint Commission
- Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report
- National Library of Medicine
- World Health Organization
- Health Care Without Harm
- Healthy People
- Hospitals for a Healthy Environment
- Sustainable Hospitals
- Anesthesia Patient Safety Foundation
- Association for Professionals in Infection Control and Epidemiology
- Certified Professional in Healthcare Quality (CPHQ) Certification
- Emergency Care Research Institute
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement
- Institute for Safe Medication Practices
- Institute of Medicine
- National Council on Patient Information and Education
- National Patient Safety Foundation
- National Quality Forum
- Partnership for Patient Safety
- American Society for Healthcare Risk Management
- Hospital Safety
- Pharmacopeial Convention
- VA National Center for Patient Safety
- Agency for Toxic Substances & Disease Registry
- American Association of Occupational Health Nurses
- American Nurses Associations
- CoPS Awards
- TJC: Sentinel Event Alerts
- Safe Patient Handling & Lean Six Sigma
- OSHA in Healthcare (PureSafety)
- OSHA in Healthcare (IESO, L.L.C.)
- FEMA IS-907--Active Shooter: What You Can Do
- MRSA Infection Control: Best Practices
- Join ASSE
- Join a Practice Specialty, Branch or Common Interest Group
- Buy Standards
The Healthcare Practice Specialty (HPS) was established in 1985. HPS addresses the SH&E needs of those working in the healthcare industry, including hospitals, extended-care facilities, medical clinics and doctors’/dentists’ offices. HPS also addresses the safety and health issues of related fields, such as psychiatric facilities, substance abuse facilities, paramedic operations and industries providing goods or services to medical facilities.
HPS’s triannual electronic publication, HealthBeat, highlights healthcare SH&E issues. HPS members help identify and promote research in emerging healthcare safety technologies and develop specialized healthcare safety education programs and technical materials. In addition, HPS maintains a relationship with The Joint Commission and frequently sponsors healthcare-focused technical sessions and tours at ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference.
HPS also sponsors the Health & Wellness Branch, which is FREE to all HPS members.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points and the chance to win a cash prize.
- Join for only $20!
- Volunteer as your schedule permits.
- Industry-focused networking via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email and access to publication archives.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Practice Specialty sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
Administrator: Shari Samuels
Assistant Administrator: Sally Higgins
Executive Secretary: OPEN
Publication Coordinator: Carl Freyholtz
Membership Development: Mary Vorndran
Web & Social Media: Mark Shirley
Body of Knowledge: Aruna Vadgama
Conferences & Seminars: Scott Harris
Awards & Honors: OPEN
Nominations: David Noland
ASPHP Liaison: Lori Severson
Special Projects: Michael Topf
Special Projects: Anita Stone
Special Projects: Steve Wilder
Special Projects: Steve Dobbs
Special Projects: William Clark