The Environmental Practice Specialty (EnvPS) focuses on issues such as environmental management, water and air quality, solid and hazardous waste, emergency planning and response practices, chemicals and toxicology, legislative and regulatory monitoring, and expert testimony and resources. EnvPS began as the Environmental Division in late October 1990 and published its first newsletter in January 1992.
From the start, EnvPS has always made an effort to provide its members with opportunities for professional development and recognition. For example, EnvPS partnered with the Public Sector Division (now Practice Specialty) in the early 1990s to hold sessions at ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference (PDC), and it often sponsored technical presentations in conjunction with ASSE chapters. EnvPS also sponsored an environmental management mini-workshop at ASSE headquarters in April 2007. EnvPS also recognizes one of its members as EnvPS Safety Professional of the Year at each PDC.
In addition, EnvPS routinely surveys its members for their input on OSHA and EPA legislation and on hot topics, such as hydrogen as an alternative fuel source and green practices in the workplace. EnvPS also sponsors the Agricultural Branch.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points and the chance to win a cash prize.
- Join EnvPS for only $20!
- Volunteer for as little as 30 minutes per week.
- Network with top environmental safety professionals via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- FREE membership in the Agricultural Branch by request.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Group sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
Administrator: Mary Prisby
Assistant Administrator: Jay Brakensiek
Secretary: Ramakrishna Chary
Publication Coordinator: Herbert Bell
Membership Development Chair: Terra Wheeler & Jessica Morales
Conferences & Seminars Chair: Heather Ingraham
Awards & Honors Chair: Tom S. Butler
Body of Knowledge Chair: OPEN
Web Chair: Herbert Bell
Nominations Chair: Tom S. Butler
Special Projects Chair: Kanwer Khan