- 1926.1400 Cranes & Derricks in Construction
- Crane Signal Test
- Hand Signals for Crane Operations
- OSHA Cranes & Derricks Subpart CC
- Nail Gun Safety Guide
- NIOSH Construction Twitter
- Business of Safety
- Government Affairs
- Journal of SH&E Research
- PDC Proceedings Index
- Professional Safety Journal Archive
- Standards Development
- CoPS Awards
- General industry and construction standards regarding "in use" or "ready to use" and "storage" of compressed gas and oxygen cylinders for welding
- Construction Safety Checklist for Safety Professionals at Fixed Plants
- Construction Spending Climbs to an All-New High
- An interview with Brad Giles
- Wireless Technology in the Construction and Demolition Industry An Interview with Matt Burkart, P.E.
- European Agency for Safety and Health at Work, Issue 314 - Achieving better safety and health in construction
- Blueprints Tables of Content
The Construction Practice Specialty (CPS) focuses on all aspects of construction safety and is intended to provide industry-specific information and focused networking opportunities to ASSE members. Some popular topics include jobsite safety, LEED, crane safety, communicating to a diverse workforce and contractor relations.
CPS began as the Construction Division in the late 1970s with George Hailey, PM, CSP, of W.S. Bellows Construction Co. as Administrator. In October 1978, the Construction Division established its objectives as “opening up lines of communication between Construction and Professionals of a highly mobile, worldwide industry” and published its first newsletter on December 15, 1978. During ASSE’s Safety 2000 conference in Orlando, FL, the Society’s House of Delegates approved a motion to change the name of all divisions to practice specialties.
Today CPS is the largest of ASSE’s practice specialties. It continues to publish its newsletter, now named Blueprints, triannually and assists with the publication of Construction Safety Management & Engineering, which is edited by Darryl C. Hill, CSP, a past CPS Administrator and the 2010-2011 Society President.
CPS sponsors construction-related concurrent sessions as well as a Construction Safety Forum at ASSE’s annual Professional Development Conference. CPS also sponsors the Utilities Branch, which is FREE to all its members.
- Get published and earn Continuance of Certification (COC) points and the chance to win a cash prize.
- Join CPS for only $20!
- Volunteer for as little as 30 minutes per week.
- Network with top construction professionals via LinkedIn, Facebook, conference calls and annual face-to-face meetings.
- FREE membership in the Utilities Branch by request.
- Triannual electronic technical publications via email.
- Access to 150+ interviews with top industry professionals.
- Publication opportunities.
- Advisory committee guidance and advice.
- Volunteer and leadership opportunities.
- Discounts on group-sponsored webinars.
- Group sponsorship on conference speaking proposals.
- Mentoring services.
Volunteer Advisory Committee
Administrator: Neil Webster
Assistant Administrator: Eric Voight
Executive Secretary: Mac Legault
Publication Coordinator: Rick Zellen
Membership Development: Carl Heinlein
Awards & Honors: Todd Hohn
Body of Knowledge Coordinator: Cynthia Garcia
Website & Social Media: Tristan Aldeguer
Conferences & Seminars: Barry Conaway
Nominations: Ron Sokol
Government Affairs: Daniel DeCoopman
Wordless Safety Manual Project Chair: Ron Sokol
LEED Project Chair: Joaquin Diaz
Special Projects: Gary Singleton
Looking for members to try out safety-enhanced LEED pilot credits.
- Who: Ideally looking for individuals in commercial building construction (vs. residential, road or industrial construction), new construction or major renovations, and projects planning to use USGBC LEED for new construction.
- What: Participants will try out draft pilot credits on actual construction projects and provide written feedback on how well they worked and suggestions for any needed improvements.
- Why: This opportunity provides participants with experience with LEED, experience being involved with upfront design and planning via PtD (Prevention through Design), safer jobs, networking with researchers and other professionals.
- How: If interested, contact Krista.
- LEED Project Presentation - 9.1.11