|Becoming an Effective Safety Change Agent|
|Creating Line Management Safety and Health Leadership|
|Facilitating Decision-Making in Your Organization|
|Principles of Leadership|
Becoming an Effective Safety Change Agent
1 Day / .7 CEU
Being a safety expert is the starting point in fulfilling your organization's expectations for a world-class safety effort. To advance your work and impact your organization's effectiveness on all levels requires becoming a strategic partner with your leadership. In this seminar, you will connect the dots between your present role as the safety content authority and the path to achieving a new role as the trusted advisor and agent of change.
- Create an impact on all your organization’s objectives
- Implement strategies that will advance your organization’s values and sustainability
- Demonstrate the ability to balance care for the safety and health of your workforce with the organization’s financial objectives
- Influence your organization’s leadership as an agent of change
Creating Line Management Safety and Health Leadership
2 Days / 1.4 CEUs
Maximizing safety performance excellence can only be accomplished when line managers accept and own the safety responsibility. This seminar will assist safety professionals and practitioners in their efforts to create an environment where their role and the role of the line management team can be enhanced to produce safety performance excellence.
- Train line managers on the techniques they must utilize to effectively execute their safety responsibility
- Implement a strategy to assist their organization in improving its safety culture
- Take steps toward achieving safety performance excellence based upon the critical elements necessary for reaching this goal
- Practice common and contemporary safety management approaches and work toward achieving senior management commitment to safety
Facilitating Decision-Making in Your Organization
1 Day / .7 CEU
In the reality of today's business world, engaging and involving people in the decision-making process results in solutions that are sustainable over time. The artistry of assisting a group of people to reach a workable and sustainable agreement demands a very unique toolbox that is sometimes outside the daily efforts of the safety and health professional. In this session, you will learn and apply skills that will enable you to facilitate active group engagement and team decisions for your organization.
- Act as a decision-making facilitator for your organization
- Select the most appropriate strategy for decision-making
- Build a sustainable group agreement
- Practice facilitative listening skills to achieve the optimal group dynamic
Principles of Leadership
2 Days / 1.4 CEUs
Meeting the diverse challenges and demands in safety requires strong leaders who can put leadership principles into practice. In this seminar, you will learn the principles that link leadership skills to safety and health management. You will take away practices that will improve your effectiveness as an influential leader in your organization and enhance the contribution you make to its core business objectives.
- Recognize the characteristics of an effective leader
- Assess the five levels of leadership as they relate to your role in health and safety
- Explore the differences between managing and leading
- Act as a positive force in leading safety and health in your organization
- Exercise influence in leadership decisions