Occupational Safety and Health Professional Day
May 9th, 2012
Each and every day, men and women from around the world return home from work to their families injury and illness free thanks to occupational safety, health and environmental (SH&E) professionals, who have dedicated their careers to protecting people, property and the environment.
SH&E professionals work behind the scenes identifying and eliminating potential hazards in workplaces around the world, and their efforts are often achieved with little or no fanfare.
In an effort to recognize and to celebrate the lifesaving efforts of the thousands of SH&E professionals in the U.S. today, the American Society of Safety Engineers established Occupational Safety and Health Professional (OSHP) Day in 2006 to give these unsung heroes some much deserved recognition for the difference they make in the lives of every working man and woman.
Held every year during North American Occupational Safety and Health (NAOSH, May 6th-12th, 2012) Week during the first full week of May, OSHP Day will take place this year on May 9th. On this day we encourage employers, co-workers, and the general public to say “thank you” to those who spend work around the clock making sure that every day spent on the job is a safe one.
OSHP Day was also established to raise awareness and pride in the SH&E profession, and to salute the years of education, training and practical experience and skills that it takes to be qualified to identify workplace hazards, and to develop methods of prevention of on-the-job injuries, illness and property damage. Throughout the world, the SH&E profession has earned a reputation as being one of the most challenging and rewarding careers today!
Salute Your Safety & Health Professional
This year on May 9th, OSHP Day…Salute Your Safety and Health Professional
Each year, ASSE offers employers and co-workers the opportunity to recognize the outstanding efforts of their occupational safety health and environmental professional through our 'Salute Your Safety Professional' initiative.
Employers and co-workers may submit the names and photos of SH&E professionals they would like to honor and ASSE will pay tribute to them through various mediums including:
- Inclusion of the SH&E professional with a photograph and biography on ASSE’s website.
- A news release to be sent out to your organization’s local media.
- Inclusion on a listing honoring SH&E professionals in ASSE’s publications, distributed to over 34,000 ASSE members, and non-members alike.
To salute your safety, health and environmental professional or safety team, fill out the form below, or click here for a form that can be mailed or faxed.
OSHP Salute Your Safety Pro....
Download the PDF here.
Learn how safety, health & environmental professionals help people & businesses every day.
- ASSE News: The Safety Profession is Ranked as one of the Top 50 Jobs in America
- The "Your Guide to a Career in the Occupational Safety, Health and Environmental Profession" brochure explains what an SH&E is, what 'safety science' is, what the job picture is like, resources and much more.
- Play the free 'Don't be a Zombie At Work' game to see samples of risks safety professionals and workers face. See what your safety IQ is at:
Contact email@example.com for tips should you get stuck.