The North American Occupational Safety and Health Week occurs every year during the first full week of May. Its aim is to increase awareness of the importance of preventing injury and illness in the workplace.
Poster Contest Materials
The contest begins in August and is complete in February each year. Please visit us again in August 2013 to learn how you can help!
How to Get Involved at the Chapter Level:
- Have a NAOSH Week Kickoff at your April Chapter Meeting
- Provide details on what NAOSH Week is, the purpose behind it, and the dates of this year’s celebration
- Show your chapter a video describing NAOSH Week (video to be provided by Jon and Charlotte – should be added somewhere on the page – this can wait til the video is done )
- Encourage members to visit the NAOSH Week website and to get involved in the activities
- Ask for a volunteer to chair a chapter NAOSH Week activities group for 2013
- Forward photographs of NAOSH events that you sponsor or participate in to ASSE’s PR team
- Tell members how they can order NAOSH Week posters so they can post them in the community
- Ask your ASSE Chapter members to share innovative ways that they have driven safety awareness, either at work or in the community. This information can be sent to ASSE’s Public Relations team to be shared on the website.
- Promote NAOSH Week on your chapter website, including providing a link to the NAOSH Week website and poster ordering information.
- Hold a small business workshop
- Invite local small businesses to attend a meeting where a member discusses an OSH issue of importance to small businesses. For example slips, trips, and falls, electrical safety, falls from eights, etc. Below is an article that could be used to help build a session on slips, trips, and falls.
- Create a NAOSH Week 2012 Proclamation – please see side menu for more information.
- Host a safety open house for the community, inviting suppliers, local community leaders, clients, colleagues, and their families.
- Set up safety demonstrations at work or in your community.