The mission of NAOSH Week is to increase awareness of the importance of occupational safety and health to workers around the world.
2014 Student Safety Awareness Video Contest
The Student Safety Awareness Video Contest promotes the importance of workplace safety and the occupational safety, health and environmental (SH&E) profession. The contest is open to teens aged 13-17.
- Group 1 (Ages 13-14)
- Group 2 (Age 15)
- Group 3 (Age 16)
- Group 4 (Age 17)
Winning videos will be selected from each group based on how well the artist expresses “Workplace Safety” in his or her video.
Winners will be announced on or before March 15, 2014.
- First Place: $1,000 (USD)
- Second Place: $500 (USD)
- Third Place: $250 (USD)
Prizes will be awarded at Kennedy Space Center during a private awards luncheon with a NASA astronaut and a ASSE safety Professional on Sunday May 4, 2014. Winners need not be present.
- Entries must be received by midnight (CST) on Friday, February 28, 2014
- Art work must illustrate “Workplace Safety.
- One entry per person is allowed.
- Each submission must be 1:30 to 2 minutes long. Any submissions exceeding 2 minutes and 15 seconds will not be considered.
- The submission must be the child’s original work, created solely by him/her; must not have been previously published, released or distributed in any form, must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or other personal or proprietary rights of any person or entity.
- Music used in the submission must be original and/or not require any additional clearances for ASSE to use or post on public websites or to use in public forums of any kind.
- Submissions that are lewd, obscene, sexually explicit, por- nographic, or submissions that otherwise contain inappropriate or objectionable content will not be considered.
- Only digital entries submitted on a Digital Video Disc (DVD) will be accepted.
- You may not work with parties in conjunction with your submission who are represented under contract (e.g. talent agent/manager) that would limit or impair ASSE’s ability to display your entry in any media form.
- All decisions by judges are final.
- The participant’s name or other contact information MUST NOT appear anywhere in the video.
- Submitted entries will not be returned.
- Entries must be submitted with a completed Video Contest Entry Form.
Public Relations Assistant
ASSE Customer Service