The mission of NAOSH Week is to increase awareness of the importance of occupational safety and health to workers around the world.
Occupational Safety and Health Professional Day
Poster Contest Materials
Deadline for Entries is February 14th
What Can ASSE Members Do for NAOSH Week?
- Include a short write up about NAOSH Week in your corporate newsletter.
- Write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper highlighting the importance of NAOSH Week and the importance of occupational safety and health.
- Encourage a child or group of children to enter the ASSE kids’ “Safety on the Job” poster contest. Entries are accepted from September to February of each year.
- Reach out to local schools, PTOs, district PTOs or scouting groups about giving a presentation on the importance of staying safety at work.
- Invite students from the community to tour your operations, highlighting basic safety features and the importance of working safely.
- Visit a local high school’s guidance office or college career center, or make an appointment to see a guidance or career counselor to make updates to information on the SH&E Profession.
- Provide them with ASSE’s new Career Guide.
- With permission, display a NAOSH Week poster or banner in a prominent location in your community (i.e., the library, police or fire department, hospital, community center, park district, etc.)
- Become a “Local Voice” on Patch.com
Local Voices, a special section of each Patch.com site presents the opportunity for anyone in the community to post blog entries through the site. Subject matter includes politics, parenting, and technology. If you have a Patch.com site in your chapter area, we encourage you to follow the steps below to become a Local Voice, and begin blogging about the importance of workplace safety for NAOSH Week.
- Go to www.patch.com
- Click on your state.
- Click on the name of your city to go to your Patch.com site.
- Scroll to the bottom of the Local Voices section, and click the button that says “Want to blog on Patch?”
- To start a blog, hit the “Post On Patch” button.
- You will have to fill in some information to join Patch.
- Once that is done you will be taken to the blog posting area where you can type in your blog entry.