Qualifications for Student Membership
- Enrollment full-time or part-time in an accredited college degree program intended to prepare you for practice in the safety profession or one of its relevant specialties
- Declaration of intent to enter the safety profession or one of its relevant specialties
- Not presently employed as a safety professional, or eligible for regular membership
- Faculty Advisor verification
Qualifications for Non-Traditional Student Membership
- Non-traditional student membership is offered to those entering the safety profession, those currently working in safety full-time, or those working while pursuing an advanced degree.
- If seeking a masters or advanced degree, the allowable number of years of student membership is limited to two.
- This offer is not valid for current or former members of ASSE.
Qualifications for International Students
To qualify for student membership, enrollment in an accredited college degree program is required (college or university must appear in the American Council on education published in consultation with the Council for Higher Education Accreditation).
If you would like to confirm accreditation for your university, please contact Geri Golonka at firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also apply for full membership in the American Society of Safety Engineers.