Communications & Design Assistant
Responsible for layout/design of practice specialty newsletters, and contributing (writing/editing/proofreading) to production of Professional Safety and other communications vehicles such as Society Update and the EHS Works blog.
Design and produce digital practice specialty newsletters using InDesign/Photoshop/Acrobat and other software as needed. Identify topics and sources in order to develop written content of interest to EHS professionals for ASSE publications. This includes reviewing press releases, websites and other sources, as well as interviewing EHS experts and professionals from related fields to produce new briefs, blog post, longer-form stories and Q&A articles. Provide graphic design support to all ASSE departments as needed.
Other related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university, journalism, English or similar discipline preferred
- 1-2 years’ related experience and/or training preferred. Coursework and/or training in magazine production/graphic design preferred.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Acrobat)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office products
- Proficiency in Mac OS (particularly file management)
- Working knowledge of WordPress and Blogger
- 1-2 years’ experience writing articles for magazines, newsletters or websites
- knowledge of EHS field preferred but not required
- excellent writing, proofreading and editing skills
- solid design skills
- quick learner; ability to adapt to and manage multiple priorities and meet project deadlines
- team player, able to work independently
Position reports to: Editor – Professional Safety
Internal Candidates please send letter of interest to: Sally Madden, Manager, Human Resources
External Candidates please send resume and cover letter indicating position of interest to: email@example.com
Salary: Commensurate with experience and qualifications.