250 Ed. Sessions, Top Speakers, Tech Tours, 100th Gala, Record Expo, All Part of ASSE’s June 12-15 Chicago Conference
American Society of Safety Engineers Media Advisory, Protecting people, property and the environment since 1911
May 27, 2011, Des Plaines, Illinois Contact: Diane Hurns, 847-768-3413, email@example.com
Chicago May Become the Safest City in the World this June as ASSE is host to Thousands of Safety Professionals at its 100TH Anniversary Conference, Gala & Expo in Chicago
WHAT: The Des Plaines, Illinois-based American Society of Safety Engineers’ (ASSE) annual professional development conference (PDC) and exposition, Safety 2011, is already breaking records. ASSE has more than 33,000 occupational safety, health and environmental professional members located worldwide with 38 countries to be represented at the June PDC. The expo has exceeded square feet sold and will be ASSE’s largest to date. Safety 2011 will feature:
· more than 240 educational sessions — featuring safety leadership and management topics, corporate social responsibility and sustainability as well as a variety of technical topics on fall protection, safety through design, construction safety, health and industrial hygiene, risk management and loss control; and, an especially moving session on the devastating March 25, 1911, Triangle Shirtwaist Factory fire will be conducted;
· a record-breaking exposition showcasing newest products and services to increase work safety;
· technical tours where attendees can observe different workplaces and gain new ideas to apply to safety management challenges, to be held at Juno Lighting Group, Morton Arboretum, U.S. Cellular Field/White Sox, Willis Tower, Great Lakes Recruit Training Center, the Field Museum, Museum of Science and Industry, and the CTA’s heavy rail maintenance operations;
· top speakers including: Daniel Pink author of ‘Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us’ ; Nancy Goodman Brinker, founder of the Susan G. Kommen for the Cure Foundation; Assistant Secretary of Labor for the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) David Michaels, Ph.D.; and, Director of the National Institute for Occupational Safety and Health (NIOSH) John Howard, MD, Ph.D.;
· key issue roundtables on such topics as public school safety, combustible dust, safe patient handling, post-recession plant openings/expansion, the new OSHA crane and derrick standard;
· an ‘Executive Summit Panel’ featuring top corporate executives from a variety of industries will discuss a view of safety from top leaders – this year’s panelists include executives from Commonwealth Edison, CITGO Petroleum, Boeing, Dow Chemical and Limbach Facility Services;
· ASSE History Hall – ‘Safety Through the Ages’ open June 12-15;
· American Red Cross Blood Drive with ASSE, Sunday, June 12;
· Jim Cornelison, the famed Blackhawks national anthem singer, to open the June 13 general session also featuring the Lake Zurich High School marching band;
· pre and post educational seminars;
· ASSE’s 100th anniversary Gala at Navy Pier Monday, June13; and, a NAOSH Week Champion/Foundation recognition reception at the Art Institute of Chicago June 14.
WHEN: June 12-15, 2011, 7:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
WHERE: McCormick Place Convention Center West Building, 2301 S. Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, Illinois 60616, Phone: 312-791-7000, Fax: 312-791-6543, TTY: 312-791-6505
WHO: The 100-year-old Des Plaines, IL-based American Society of Safety Engineers (ASSE) has more than 33,000 occupational safety, health and environmental professional members located worldwide committed to protecting people, property and the environment. Please go to www.safety2011.org or call 847-699-2929 for information on Safety 2011 and firstname.lastname@example.org or 630-434-7779 for exposition information. Safety 2011 sponsors include ABB, CLMI Safety Training, Chubb, Complete Equity Markets, Inc., and ISHN – Industrial Safety and Hygiene News and BST. Public invited.
CONTACT: Media is invited to attend. Go to ASSE’s June Safety 2011 Media-Only Registration for Credentials to secure credentials or contact ASSE PR Manager Diane Hurns at 847-768-3413, C-847-909-4548 or email@example.com. The working ASSE Media Room will be located in W -472 of McCormick Place West. Media can attend speeches, the expo, educational sessions and more. Go to www.asse.org , to view the ASSE – A Century of Safety film go to www.asse.org/assecenturyofsafety.