Region IV Area Director - Louisiana Candidate
Lance Roux, CSP
Lance S. Roux, CSP, has worked in the area of occupational safety and health since 1996. Working as the principal consultant with SafetyPro Resources for the last 6 years in Baton Rouge, LA, he spent the prior 10 years with heavy industrial companies in safety management roles throughout Louisiana.
Currently serving as secretary for the Region IV Regional Operating Committee, Lance has also served in all board positions of the ASSE Greater Baton Rouge Chapter. Accomplishments include:
- Established an OSHA Alliance between the Baton Rouge Area Office OSHA and the Greater Baton Rouge Chapter ASSE, 2009-Present
- Helped achieve Chapter Star award as Chapter President
- Recipient of the Chapter President’s Award for outstanding and dedicated service
- Fostered outreach programs with local high schools
- State Proclamation for Worker’s Memorial Day from Louisiana State Governor Bobby Jindal, 2009
Lance is a Certified Safety Professional (CSP), a designation awarded through the Board of Certified Safety Professionals. He received his Associate of Applied Science degree in Occupational Safety & Health Management from Southeastern Louisiana University in Hammond Louisiana.
Lance’s background includes safety management system development, compliance auditing, and facility hazard assessment for an array of industrial markets including: oil & gas (upstream and downstream), chemical processing, refineries, power (nuclear, hydro, and fossil fuel), as well as shipyards.
Key leadership roles include:
- American Society of Safety Engineers, Secretary, Region 4, 2010-Present
- American Society of Safety Engineers, Past President and Executive Board Member, Greater Baton Rouge Chapter, 2006-2012
- Southeastern Louisiana University, OSHE Industrial Advisory Committee Co-Chair, 2008-Present
- Associated Builders & Contractors, Pelican Chapter Safety & Health Committee, Past-Chair, 2006-07
- Greater Baton Rouge Industry Alliance, Safety Steering Committee
Since becoming a member of ASSE, most recognize that they receive much more than they can repay to the Society. In addition to gaining valuable resources that benefit our chosen professions, we also gain many great friendships as a result of our involvement. I’ve come to realize that this gift does not stop at the Chapter level. To this end, I would be honored to serve as your Louisiana Area Director.
As I did during my tenure serving on all 7 Chairs of the Executive Board of the Greater Baton Rouge Chapter, I will continue advocating your interests and concerns to the Region IV Regional Operating Committee while working diligently with all Louisiana Chapters to assure that the interests of our Chapters are best served.
Under my leadership you can expect ongoing oversight and communication between chapters. I am willing and able to do whatever is necessary to assist Louisiana Chapters whenever possible.