If you register for three-days of education in any combination of one- or two-day seminars or a three-day seminar, you will receive a discount of $25 off of all other seminars.
ASSE reserves the right to make substitutions to the program should unforeseen circumstances occur. ASSE also reserves the right to cancel the program up to two weeks prior to delivery date.
February 12, 2008 - 0.7 CEUs, 1.0 Safety CM Points #08-2224
This seminar covers the process of creating cultural change to achieve a positive, proactive safety culture. It is designed for those who need a road map of tools that will enable them to guide others in their organizations to achieve breakthrough safety performance. Dr. Simon will illustrate the principles of transformative culture change by drawing on case examples of top-tier safety cultures that have demonstrated long-term sustainability even in the face of internal and external threats.
· Develop a culture within your organization that is receptive to injury and loss prevention
· Discuss how culture and organizational systems affect safety performance
· Separate the visible from the invisible influences a safety culture has on safety performance, policies and procedures vs. norms, beliefs and assumptions
· Implement a methodology to analyze and modify group norms that interfere with creating a positive safety culture
· Use concrete, practical techniques to get and sustain grassroots involvement, ownership and leadership in safety
Instructor(s): Steven I. Simon, Ph.D. - President,Culture Change Consultants, Inc., Larchmont, NY