If you register for three-days of education in any combination of one- or two-day seminars or a three-day seminar, you will receive a discount of $25 off of all other seminars.
ASSE reserves the right to make substitutions to the program should unforeseen circumstances occur. ASSE also reserves the right to cancel the program up to two weeks prior to delivery date.
February 10-11, 2008 - 1.4 CEUs, 2.0 IH CM Points #08-2206, 0.88 CHMM CMP
All accidents, injuries, illnesses and near-miss incidents should be investigated to determine the cause(s) so that appropriate corrective (remedial) action can be taken to prevent similar events. In addition, OSHA has requirements for investigating certain jobrelated injuries and illnesses. Under OSHA 1910.119 Chemical Process Safety Management Standard, all incidents that did or could have resulted in the catastrophic release of highly hazardous chemicals or catastrophic explosions must be investigated by a team within 48 hours. This two-day seminar will teach participants how to promptly conduct thorough investigations and identify the root cause(s) of the event.
· Interview witnesses and gather facts
· Identify the injury or loss event, the accident event and preceding events associated with the incident
· Draft a report and document, preserve and maintain chain of custody of photos and critical evidence
· Use a causal factors guide to identify all possible causes of the incident and subsequent corrective (remedial) action
· Avoid the use of inflammatory and subjective terminology
· Set up a system for tracking outstanding recommendations
· Document and handle unrelated but important information uncovered in the investigation
Instructor(s): Steven P. Pereira, CSP - President, Professional Safety Associates, Denham Springs, LA