If you register for three-days of education in any combination of one- or two-day seminars or a three-day seminar, you will receive a discount of $25 off of all other seminars.
ASSE reserves the right to make substitutions to the program should unforeseen circumstances occur. ASSE also reserves the right to cancel the program up to two weeks prior to delivery date.
February 11, 2008 - 0.7 CEU, 1.0 Safety CM Points #08-2201, 0.44 CHMM CMP
This workshop will help you understand the dynamics of human nature relevant to increasing the kind of involvement in occupational safety that prevents workplace injuries. You will be able to discuss and implement the psychological principles and strategies applicable to improving the human dynamics of your organization and achieving an injury-free workplace. Attendees will receive a copy of Dr. Scott Geller’s book “People-Based Safety: The Source.” (Dr. Geller is Senior Partner with Safety Performance Solutions, Inc. along with the workshop presenter Dr. Steve Roberts)
· Utilize principles of people-based psychology, practice and strategies to facilitate a total safety culture
· Increase empowerment, ownership and involvement in occupational health and safety
· Help people develop self-accountability for safety
· Give and receive safety-related feedback
· Align safety management systems to drive positive culture change
· Use assessment, decision making and improvement tools
Instructor(s): Steve Roberts, Ph.D. - Senior Partner, Safety Performance Solutions, Inc.; Professor, Virginia Tech, Blacksburg, VA