If you register for three-days of education in any combination of one- or two-day seminars or a three-day seminar, you will receive a discount of $25 off of all other seminars.
ASSE reserves the right to make substitutions to the program should unforeseen circumstances occur. ASSE also reserves the right to cancel the program up to two weeks prior to delivery date.
February 11-12, 2008 - 1.4 CEUs, 2.0 IH CM Points #08-2195, 0.88 CHMM CMP
This seminar is designed to support your efforts in assessing the effectiveness of your system and gaining recognition for it. The curriculum will guide you in the evaluation, measurement and demonstration of the outcome of a safety management system.
· Evaluate methods for assessing the performance of a safety management system
· Consider various approaches to safety management and discuss how they may benefit your organization
· Implement a process that will enable you to continuously measure the effectiveness of your safety management efforts
Evaluating Safety Program Performance
· Evaluating safety management approaches and techniques
· Integrating safety management in the management process
· Critical management activities
Exploring Safety Management Approaches
· Human behavior – VPP as a model
· Zero incidents – Critical management activities
· Six Sigma – Managing safety for profit
· International system standards – Return on investment
Demonstrating Safety System Effectiveness
· Measuring and interpreting results
· Developing leading indicators
· Developing safety design standards for new processes, equipment and systems
· Developing corporate-wide standards
· International system standards
Instructor(s): Thomas F. Cecich, CSP, CIH - President, TFC & Associates, Apex, NC & James “Skipper” Kendrick, CSP - Director, EHS Training, Textron, Hurst, TX