If you register for three-days of education in any combination of one- or two-day seminars or a three-day seminar, you will receive a discount of $25 off of all other seminars.
ASSE reserves the right to make substitutions to the program should unforeseen circumstances occur. ASSE also reserves the right to cancel the program up to two weeks prior to delivery date.
February 8, 2008 - 0.7 CEUs
This is an intensive one-day review of essential math skills specifically designed for those preparing for certification examinations (ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST), needing a hands-on review of the following essential skill areas: conversions, dimensional analysis, number manipulation, shapes and formulae, graphing, algebra and trigonometry. Operation of scientific calculator is also included.
· Conversions- SI and English conversions of mass, length and time
· Dimensional analysis - multi-step conversions (e.g., converting miles per hour to feet per second, pounds to micrograms)
· Number manipulation - exponents, scientific notation, significant digits, answer accuracy and rounding and logarithms
· Shapes and formulae - area, circumference and volume of rectangles, triangles, circles, trapezoids, cubes and cylinders
· Graphing - two dimensional graphing of linear, exponential, trigonometric and logarithmic functions
· Algebra - laws and concepts, word problems
· Trigonometry - right angles, trig functions and word problems
Instructor(s): C. David Langlois, CSP & Michael A. Weigand, CSP of Langlois, Weigand, & Associates, Baton Rouge, LA