Designers, engineers and safety professionals agree – we all want safe workplaces. But beyond stating the obvious, what is the best way for us to achieve true workplace safety?
By minimizing the hazard before it becomes one.
Prevention through Design is a movement being embraced by a growing number of organizations around the world. Across all industry sectors, PtD is being seen as an efficient and cost-effective means to minimize worker injuries
After completing this virtual workshop and symposium, you will have the knowledge to get started using PtD within your own organization.
- Discover methods for removing common barriers to implementing PtD in your organization.
- Identify methods for aligning your Risk Assessment Process to your PtD process
- How to avoid the 10 most common mistakes made or gaps seen in PtD projects
- How to clearly define PtD performance objectives (success measures you want to see at the ribbon cutting ceremony)
- Discover how to use the Hierarchy of Control to eliminate entire categories of hazards or risks in new designs.
- Explain the steps needed to jump start your PtD efforts at your organization.
- Describe techniques for identifying and enrolling key stakeholders into the PtD process.
- Discuss how Serious Injury Prevention fits into the PtD process.
- Discover how practitioners from different industries are successfully implementing PtD into their organizations.
All registered attendees will also receive one free electronic copy of the ANSI/ASSE Z590.3 – 2011 Standard! - Prevention through Design: Guidelines for Addressing Occupational Hazards and Risks in Design and Redesign Processes
Core Features of the Virtual Symposium:
- Sessions: With live and recorded programs from experts in the field, you'll have access to a depth of experience from safety practitioners just like yourself, discussing the latest trends and best practices.
- Resource Room: From session slides to bonus video content, articles and proceedings papers, each Virtual Symposium contains a variety of different supplemental learning materials that pertain to the symposium theme.
- CEUs: 1.6 CEUs.