Combining lessons learned from the current oil discharge disaster in the Gulf of Mexico with best practices gleaned from several decades of collective industry experience, ASSE is delivering this very timely Virtual Symposium for SH&E professionals working in the petroleum industry.
Specific Virtual Symposium tracks will focus on:
Emerging Safety & Health Issues: Emerging safety & health issues are changing the landscape and presenting new challenges for safety professionals, impacting their sphere of influence.
Environmental Issues: While the majority of safety professionals moderately participate in environmental issues, the safety professional in oil and gas has well-defined responsibilities related to their organization’s environmental challenges.
Emergency Response Planning and Execution: When a crisis occurs in the oil and gas industry, it can be large scale to catastrophic. Safety professionals in the petroleum industry play a significant role in planning and overseeing the response for these events.
After completing this symposium, attendees will be able to:
- Appraise emerging industry trends, benchmarking them against their own safety management approaches.
- Compare and implement strategies for addressing domestic US and international regulatory initiatives.
- Perform a gap analysis between their organization’s standards and existing industry and government standards.
- Develop a management framework for responding to oil and gas-related regulatory compliance issues.
- Appraise new initiatives related to sustainability efforts.
- Better manage safety-related decisions in projects with contractors
- Analyze and successfully respond to environmentally focused regulatory changes that may come from local, state and Federal agencies.
- Develop strategies which proactively and cost effectively deal with environmental issues that impact the safety and health professional working in the petroleum industry.
- Analyze industry best practices for environmental protection – including new technologies being used in the petroleum industry in regards to environmental safety.
- Quantify their organization’s risk for a catastrophic event.
- More effectively manage their organization’s response to a crisis.
- Communicate more effectively to their organization’s crisis management team in order to develop a more robust emergency response process.
- Analyze industry best practices for emergency response planning and be able to integrate those ideas into their existing plans.
- Perform a gap analysis on their organization’s emergency response plans to assure the basic elements are in place to achieve a successful response to a catastrophic event.
- Create management awareness of the need to support workforce reporting of hazards
- Implement new approaches to petroleum industry safety management from lessons learned after an industry incident.
What is a Virtual Symposium?
An ASSE Virtual Symposium is three days of live learning presented to you via ASSE’s webinar platform. View and listen to sessions live, chat with speakers and earn CEUs, all from your computer!
Best yet, the Virtual Symposium is built around your schedule. ALL Virtual Symposium sessions are recorded and available to view whenever, and wherever you have a computer and a connection to the Internet.
Core Features of the Virtual Symposium:
- Webinars: With our live and recorded webcasts, you’ll have access to a depth of experience from safety practitioners just like yourself, discussing the latest trends and best practices.
- Networking: The Virtual Symposium is built around an easy-to-use social networking system, accessible only to speakers and registered attendees.
- Resource Room: From session slides to e-books, articles and proceedings papers, each Virtual Symposium contains a variety of different supplemental learning materials that pertain to the symposium theme.
- Virtual Expo: Come here to browse through a variety of vendor products and services.
- CEUs: Every Virtual Symposium allows you to earn 1.0 CEUs.