Currently, the leading cause of workplace fatalities in the United States is from vehicular incidents. Safety professionals need to develop and deliver an effective fleet safety management program that meets operational demands while delivering cost savings. In this seminar, you will be introduced to the basic elements of a fleet management program, driver performance criteria, and driver behavior modification tools.
• Create an effective fleet management program including: vehicle accident prevention; accident investigation/analysis and reporting; improved safety on the road; driver education and driver alertness
• Determine driver qualifications and driver performance criteria that are practical for the company’s application
• Provide a general overview of the Federal Motor Carrier Regulations, 49 CFR Parts 301-399 that apply to interstate commerce
• Discuss technological solutions to monitoring driver behavior
• Recognize critical driver behaviors that should be monitored by the company
Instructor(s): Cynthia E. Braun, CSP, CHMM, CET, Braun Safety Associates, LLC, Littleton, CO
Credit: 1 Day / .7 CEU / 1.17 Safety CM Points #10-4807