An essential part of a management system is a thorough and ongoing workplace assessment for hazards, which must include hazards associated with machines. This session will cover the following steps in the process of implementing a machine risk assessment program:
· Establishment of machine guarding and risk assessment policies for both new and existing equipment.
· Dedicating resources for assessment and remediation.
· Assessing existing machinery.
· Implementing risk reduction measures.
· Training management, machine operators and employees at each facility on machine assessment and guarding.
Instructors: Paul J. Prince, CSP, Bureau Veritas North America, Inc., Hendersonville, TN