Though the concepts of 5S, Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing have been around for a while, it is only recently that they have gained attention in regard to the safety process. Learn to use these management tools and how they can be effectively applied to safety systems. You will take techniques back to your organization to conduct the Six Sigma steps of voice of the customer, house of quality and also new tools for use in lean projects. During this session, participants will also be able to review and utilize a model deploying elements of these new business tools through the goal setting process.
· Discuss the 5S concept and its application to safety
· Integrate safety in a lean manufacturing environment
· Use Six Sigma tools, voice of the customer and house of quality
· Apply the Six Sigma Y=f(x) concept as it relates to safety
· Implement the goal deployment process
Instructors: James “Skipper” Kendrick, CSP, Director, EHS Training, Textron, Hurst, TX
Credit: 1 Day / .7 CEU / 1.0 Mgmt CM Points # 09-116 / .44 CHMM CMP