Making Metrics Matter - A Virtual Symposium
Deming once said, “You can expect what you inspect.” But as SH&E professionals, how good are our measurements? When it comes to safety, are we even inspecting the right things? Can we capture that data in a statistically reliable and valid format? More importantly, can we use that data to convince the “C Suite” to invest in safety?
We all know, without the numbers, senior management won’t take us seriously. If you want the “C-Suite” to champion your safety efforts, you need to do more than just show numbers - you also need to be able to communicate what the numbers mean. To sell safety, you need to be able show them where you are – and more importantly, where you want to be – if you really want to get their attention.
During this virtual symposium, you will learn how to do just that. With an emphasis on tools and take-aways, this virtual event will examine the application and limitations of various safety metrics, best practices for communicating with management and methods for using measurement as a driver of safety performance.
By the end of this virtual event, attendees will be able to:
- Distinguish the roles leading and trailing indicators play in effective safety management systems
- Identify techniques for measuring criteria that are important to safety.
- Recognize key steps in utilizing leading measures and metrics
- Use basic safety metrics calculations and tools
- Identify pitfalls in establishing performance measurement systems
- Prepare a report for senior management using leading safety metrics
- Identify techniques for developing Safety Metrics that motivate and reinforce performance.
- Access to an entire page of tools and resources you can take away from this virtual event to use in YOUR safety measurement efforts!
- Easy options for viewing sessions live or ON-DEMAND!
- 1.6 CEUs