Required Seminars totaling 2.8 CEUs:
Certificate in Global Safety Management (GSM)
ASSE’s new certificate program focuses on safety management practices that will enable safety professionals to establish and maintain safe work places anywhere in the world. Participation in this program provides professional expertise and knowledge of the most effective techniques in safety and health management. Upon completion of the program, you will be awarded the Certificate in Global Safety Management acknowledging your ability to handle your organization’s most difficult challenge, maintaining a safe workplace.
The seminars from the Certificate in Global Safety Management may be taken to complete the Certificate in Global Safety Management or each seminar can be studied independently as continuing education. To receive the Certificate, complete within five years;
Electives totaling 2.2 CEUs from ASSE*
The electives needed to complete the CEU requirement for the Certificate in Global Safety Management can be earned at the following ASSE events:
- Certification Preparation Workshops offered throughout the year and various locations. Preparation is offered for ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST and a one-day math review seminar is also available.
- SeminarFest held at the beginning of each year is a program offering more than 50 seminars over a weeklong period.
- Safety Symposia are offered several times throughout the year.
- Pre and Post Professional Development Conference Seminars are held every June.
- Safety topic Webinars are offered monthly.
- Other seminars pre-approved by ASSE Headquarters office
GSM Required Seminars
Managing Safety and Health
This seminar provides a framework of highly respected best practices of recognized leaders in safety, health and environmental management.
Implementing a Safety and Health Management System
This seminar will assist the safety professional in selecting and implementing the most appropriate SH&E system for their organization.
International Standards and Legal Requirements for Safety Management
This seminar will enable the safety professional to identify the regulations, standards and legislation that pertains to SH&E in their country.
- Continuing education points
- Beverage breaks (breakfast and lunch will be on your own)
- Workbooks for each seminar
- Personalized certificate is awarded as documentation of this achievement
Seminars begin promptly at 8:00AM and conclude at 4:30PM each day.
Class size is limited. Please contact ASSE before coming to determine if an opening is available.
Registrants canceling within 10 working days of the program will be refunded tuition less $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the workshop will not have tuition refunded. A $25 processing fee will be charged for substitutions. ASSE reserves the right to cancel any workshop or seminar two weeks prior to presentation. ASSE reserves the right to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
Whenever possible, arrangements will be made for special needs registrants provided ASSE receives 45 days advance notice. Please write a letter of explanation, your name and phone number, and attach to the registration form. ASSE will contact you.
Four Ways to Register
After completing all the requirements for the Certificate in Safety Management, complete this form and return it to ASSE to receive your certificate.