About Safety 2013
Learn from the Best
As an SH&E professional, you are expected to have expertise in environmental management, ergonomics, industrial hygiene, product safety, Workers’ Compensation, construction safety and organizational management, in addition to the more traditional aspects of safety management and engineering. Over 225 sessions will be presented by the best minds in the industry to help you take your skills to the next level. Sessions are distributed among 19 topics;
- Safety Management
- Technical / Engineering / Standards
- Regulatory Issues / Government
- Career / Personal Development
- International Issues
- Risk Management / Insurance
- Construction / Mining
- Environment / Hazardous Material
- Business Skills
- Fire Protection
- Health / Industrial Hygiene
- Training / Education
- Emergency Management / Security
- Spanish Language Sessions
Our conference brings a wide variety of perspectives to attendees through specialized sessions. Sessions are distributed among more than 20 topics and identified by experience levels. By identifying the discipline and experience level you are interested in, you’ll be able to tailor your personal conference schedule and better navigate the conference. Levels are:
- Beginner (B) – Two to five years of experiences is identified as basic
- Intermediate (I) – Six to 10 years of experience is identified as intermediate
- Advanced (A) – 10 years plus of experience is identified as advanced
- Executive (E) – Executive level sessions
The Executive Summit Panel will discuss senior management’s views on the importance of employee safety and health and the expectations business and industry leaders have on the role of safety and health professionals. Understanding the perspective of executives at the highest levels of their organizations is a critical element of success for safety and health professionals. The panel, moderated by a practicing safety professional, will include questions submitted by attendees.
Key Issue Roundtables
Join the discussion and share your ideas, challenges and successes in each moderated session. The roundtable sessions will be conducted during the concurrent session periods and limited seating is available, first-come, first-served.
Safety 2013 provides extensive networking opportunities at:
- Night out events
- Opening reception
- SafetyNet, ASSE’s on-line network
- Chapter events
- Practice specialty events
- Common interest group events
- Foundation golf outing
This program offers an excellent introduction to a broad range of topics and up and coming insight for the safety professional.
- Overview of Regulatory Compliance
- Hazard Identification and Control
- Workplace Health
- Basic Safety Management
- Risk Management
- Fire Protection
Pre- and Post-Conference Seminars
Maximize your learning opportunities by attending ASSE’s Pre- and Post-conference seminars and workshops to give you the opportunity to take action on advancing your career. Earn up to 5.3 CEUs , and gain CM points by taking advantage of over 50 one, two or three-day seminars offered before and after the conference.
- Prepare for your ASP, CSP, CHST or OHST examination
- Complete required seminars for the ASSE Certificate in Safety Management and the Executive Program in Safety Management
- Seminars include advanced safety management techniques, leadership skills, business strategies, and technical topics.
CEUs for Pre and Post Seminars
1 day = .7 CEU
2 days = 1.4 CEUs
3 days = 2.1 CEUs
The 2013 Academic Forum will discuss the value of SH&E education and the Academics Practice Specialty will focus on research curriculum and experiential learning. 3. Eligible attendees are full-time academicians and members of the Academics Practice Specialty.
Membership & Chapter Programs
- House of Delegates and Regional Caucuses
- First Time Attendee Orientation
- Nexsteps® Career Center
- Chapter Recognition Luncheon
- Student Lunch and Roundtables
Sessions in Spanish are planned for the program as well as other sessions addressing the safety and health of Spanish speaking workers
Continuing Education Credit
IACET CEUs: ASSE has been approved as an Authorized Provider by the International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET), 1760 Old Meadow Road, Suite 500, McLean, VA 22102. In obtaining this approval, ASSE has demonstrated that it complies with the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standard which is widely recognized as the Standard of good practice internationally. As a result of their Authorized Provider membership status, ASSE is authorized to offer IACET CEUs for its programs that qualify under the ANSI/IACET 1-2007 Standards.
Full Conference 1.8
Full Conference without Wednesday lunch 1.7
Monday only – .5
Tuesday only – .6
Wednesday only – .6
Wednesday lunch only – .1
BCSP Recertification Points: For Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) Recertification points and ASSE awarded CEUs are equivalent in value (e.g., 1.0 CEU = 1.0 Recertification Point) .
ABIH CM Points: This event contains 1.8 (Full Conference CEUs) of technical contact time, and is eligible for ABIH CM credit.
IHMM CMPs: To determine the number of CMPs a CHMM may claim, visit the IHMM website.