EP Required Seminars
Designed to assess the effectiveness of your system, this seminar evaluates methods and enables you to continuously measure your safety management efforts.
Practice techniques that will enhance your ability to manage the business aspects of your safety effort and effectively communicate the results.
Reduce the incidence of occupational illness by understanding the relationship between environmental issues and the overall safety and health system.
Four Ways to Register
After completing all the requirements for the Executive Program in Safety Management, complete this form and return it to ASSE to receive your certificate.
Executive Program in Safety Management (EP)
Safety professionals from different industries and specialties confront real-world concepts and challenges. Whether targeting consumers, employees or the environment, safety performance excellence arises from a well-developed safety management system and clear communication with management. Designed to maximize safety system performance, this program will help you improve the performance of your safety management effort, develop loss reduction strategies and align safety with the business goals of your organization.
Improve your ability to:
- Assess the performance of your safety management effort
- Determine the most appropriate safety management system for your organization
- Develop loss reduction strategies to address risks that impact your organization
- Better manage the business aspects of your operation
- Influence safety culture
The seminars from the Executive Program in Safety Management may be taken to complete the Certificate in the Executive Program in Safety Management or each seminar can be studied independently as continuing education. To receive the Certificate, complete within five years;
Required Seminars Totaling 4.9 CEUs:
- Delivering a High-Performance Safety Management System
- Managing the Business Aspects of Safety
- Reducing Losses from Occupational Health Risks and Environmental Exposures
Electives Totaling 2.6 CEUs ASSE:
The electives needed to complete the CEU requirement for the Executive Program in Safety Management can be earned at the following ASSE events.
- Certification Preparation Workshops offered throughout the year and various locations. Preparation is offered for ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST and a one-day math review seminar is also available.
- SeminarFest held at the beginning of each year is a program offering more than 50 seminars over a weeklong period.
- Safety Symposia are offered several times throughout the year.
- Pre and Post Professional Development Conference Seminars are held every June.
- Safety topic Webinars are offered monthly.
*Not applicable as electives:
Annual Professional Development Conference
Chapter and Regional educational events
Education delivered by other organizations
Completion of this certificate earns one additional recertification point authorized by BCSP.
You are eligible for this program if you satisfy one of the following criteria
- Completion of the ASSE Certificate in Safety Management
- CSP, CHMM, ARM or CIH certification
- Professional Member of ASSE
- Baccalaureate degree plus five years’ experience in safety
- Professional engineer working in the SH&E field
“The Executive Program In Safety Management has definite value for my position and I would recommend other safety professionals give it consideration,” Frank Rosenlieb, HS&E Manager, KVS Transportation Inc.
“There is no greater time spent than that of sharing thoughts, ideas and concepts that may enhance the integration of SHE into the business mainstream thus creating a safer place in which to work.” Skipper Kendrick, President, Kendrick Global Enterprises LLC.
New Certificates Awarded
- Diana L. Ash
- Stephen D. Brooks
- Donald R. Buchanan
- Paul W. Fowler
- William H. Keith
- Shawn T. Lewis
- Marrington W. McDonald
- Walter Austin
- Ben Gerlach
- Jim Prothro
- Vernell L. Sample
- Paul Allen Lane
- Roy K. Wright
- Dwayne Samoyloff
- David K. McMichen
- Lynn Motley O'Brien
- Michael R. Fairley
- Desmond Y. Abrokwa
- James W. Chapman, Jr.
- David Summers
- Minh Jalley
- Daymond R. Hill, Sr.
- Michael F. Hoyt
- Jason E. Rushman
- John W. Urban