CSM Required Seminars
A forum to share challenges, craft solutions, and implement the necessary skills to be successful in positioning safety in your organization.
Through examples, case studies and other resources, this seminar provides a foundation of fundamental elements and techniques for managing an effective safety system.
Take this seminar as a continuation of Safety Management l or for strengthening an existing safety management system.
According to Stephen Walter, Chevron Workforce Safety and Health Advisor, one of the most enlightening aspects is to be able to hear the struggles, the highlights, the lows and the highs of everybody in that room. “We want to contribute to the efficiencies and qualities of our organization,” he adds.
Safety Management ll
2 Days/ 1.4 CEUs
Review case studies to learn measurement techniques with recommendations for implementation. Take this seminar as a continuation of Safety Management l or for strengthening an existing safety management system. Bring a copy of your current safety policy and rules.
- Conduct an effective safety audit
- Analyze the ethics of safety-related matters
- Fulfill the expanded safety role and the expectation of your organization
- Implement strategic safety efforts that will impact the system
- Reinforce safety behavior in your organization
- Systems, measurements and evaluations
- Management overview
- Management techniques
- Ways to change attitudes
- Case studies
- Establishing your system
- ANSI Z10 and OHSAS
- VPP elements
- Building a high performance organization
- Six Sigma
- Deployment process
- Dissecting process capability
- Define, measure, analyze, improve and control
- Perception survey
- Design or selecting surveys
- Selecting participates
- Conducting the survey
- Analyzing results
- Defining and assigning action
- Safety and Health Audits
- Communicating for safety
- Communication tools
- Confrontational situations
- Emergencies and the media
- Lessons on Leadership
- Management leadership
- Utilizing feedback
- Prepare action plans
- Effect organizational change
- Continuous self-development
- Principles of ethics
- Ethical power for organizations
- Ethical power for individuals
- Principles for advancement
- Continuing education points
- Beverage breaks (breakfast and lunch will be on your own)
- Workbooks for each seminar
- Personalized certificate is awarded as documentation of this achievement
Seminars begin promptly at 8:00AM and conclude at 4:30PM each day.
Class size is limited. Please contact ASSE before coming to determine if an opening is available.
Registrants canceling within 10 working days of the program will be refunded tuition less $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the workshop will not have tuition refunded. A $25 processing fee will be charged for substitutions. ASSE reserves the right to cancel any workshop or seminar two weeks prior to presentation. ASSE reserves the right to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
Whenever possible, arrangements will be made for special needs registrants provided ASSE receives 45 days advance notice. Please write a letter of explanation, your name and phone number, and attach to the registration form. ASSE will contact you.