CSM Required Seminars
A forum to share challenges, craft solutions, and implement the necessary skills to be successful in positioning safety in your organization.
Through examples, case studies and other resources, this seminar provides a foundation of fundamental elements and techniques for managing an effective safety system.
Take this seminar as a continuation of Safety Management l or for strengthening an existing safety management system.
Four Ways to Register
After completing all the requirements for the Certificate in Safety Management, complete this form and return it to ASSE to receive your certificate.
Certificate in Safety Management (CSM)
The success of a company depends on how well management effectively communicates safety through various organizational structures. To help connect the dots between business objectives and safety management, ASSE has developed the Certificate in Safety Management. Learn the fundamental concepts and process to implement the right safety management program for your organization. Completion of this certificate is an opportunity for career development, training and recognition.
The seminars from the Certificate in Safety Management may be taken to complete the Certificate in Safety Management or each seminar can be studies independently as continuing education. To achieve the Certificate, complete within five years:
Required Seminars Totaling 5.6 CEUs:
Electives Totaling 1.9 CEUs ASSE:
The electives needed to complete the CEU requirement for the certificate can be earned at the following ASSE events.
- Certification Preparation Workshops offered throughout the year and various locations. Preparation is offered for ASP, CSP, CHST, OHST and a one-day math review seminar is also available.
- SeminarFest held at the beginning of each year is a program offering more than 50 seminars over a weeklong period.
- Safety Symposia are offered several times throughout the year.
- Pre and Post Professional Development Conference Seminars are held every June.
- Safety topic Webinars are offered monthly.
*Not applicable as electives:
Annual Professional Development Conference
Chapter and Regional educational events
Education delivered by other organizations
Completion of this certificate earns one additional recertification point authorized by BCSP.