- What You Need To Know Prior To Certification
- Certification Flow Chart
- How ASSE Can Help You Maintain Certification
Prepare individuals for the Comprehensive Examination leading to certification as a CSP.
Preparation for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals' Safety Fundamentals Examination.
Intensive review of essential math skills.
Workshop is intended to assist you in preparation for the CHST examination.
Workshop will provide you with the potential areas that will be covered on the OHST certification examination.
* This is applicable to participants who attend our ASP, CSP, CHST and OHST workshops and sit for the exam within one year of attending. Not valid with chapter or regional workshops.
Occupational Health and Safety Technologist (OHST) Examination Preparation Workshop
3 Days / 2.1 CEUs
This workshop will provide you with the potential areas that will be covered on the OHST certification examination. You will receive a list of recommended resources available to continue your preparation for the exam and review content information utilizing a testing format.
- Fundamentals: calculator, mathematics, statistics, chemistry, physics
- Engineering technology
- Basic and applied sciences
- Law, regulations and standards
- Control concepts
- Investigation (post-event)
- Survey and inspection techniques (pre-event)
- Data computation and recordkeeping
- Education, training and instruction
Domain 1: Assessing Safety, Health, Environmental and Security Risk
- Research information pertaining to the business or operation using appropriate tools and references to obtain risk data, including catastrophic and emergency response scenarios using established techniques in order to reduced risk
- Evaluate business and operations data by comparing data against internal history as well international, national or industry standards to recognize and define risks
- Conduct surveys of the business or operation in accordance with accepted survey methodology in order to recognize and control hazards
Domain 2: Hazard Control and Loss Prevention
- Evaluate risk using established analytical techniques to prioritize preventative and corrective actions
- Using research, determine appropriate hazard control techniques
- Communicate the hazard control methods by identifying essential resources and implementation strategies to manage risk.
- Implement and evaluate appropriate controls to manage risk
Domain 3: Verification and Continuous Improvement
- Verify the implementation and effectiveness of hazard control measures to mage risks
- Investigate incidents, accidents and near misses using established techniques to determine root causes, identify trends and improve corrective action plans
- Implement assigned responsibilities for response plans to respond to disasters and other emergencies
- Evaluate the compliance and implementation of response plans at regularly scheduled intervals by reviewing their applicability for present and emerging conditions to improve the plans
*Continuing education points
*Workbooks for each seminar
*Beverage breaks (breakfast and lunch will be on your own)
Seminars begin promptly at 8:00AM and conclude at 4:30PM each day.
Class size is limited. Please contact ASSE before coming to determine if an opening is available.
Registrants canceling within 10 working days of the program will be refunded tuition less $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the workshop will not have tuition refunded. A $25 processing fee will be charged for substitutions. ASSE reserves the right to cancel any workshop or seminar two weeks prior to presentation. ASSE reserves the right to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
Whenever possible, arrangements will be made for special needs registrants provided ASSE receives 45 days advance notice. Please write a letter of explanation, your name and phone number, and attach to the registration form. ASSE will contact you.