Prepare individuals for the Comprehensive Examination leading to certification as a CSP.
Preparation for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals' Safety Fundamentals Examination.
Intensive review of essential math skills.
Workshop is intended to assist you in preparation for the CHST examination.
Workshop will provide you with the potential areas that will be covered on the OHST certification examination.
Math Review Workshop for Certification Exams
1 Day / .7 CEU
This workshop is specifically designed for those preparing for certification examinations (ASP, CSP, CHST,OHST) and needing a hands-on review of essential math skill areas. Tl-30X llS calculator included.
- Conversions - SI and English conversions of mass, length and time
- Dimensional analysis - multi-step conversions (e.g., converting miles per hour to feet per second, pounds to micrograms)
- Number manipulation - exponents, scientific notation, significant digits, answer accuracy and rounding and logarithms
- Shapes and formulae - area, circumference and volume of rectangles, triangles, circles, trapezoids, cubes and cylinders
- Graphing - two dimensional graphing of linear, exponential, trigonometric and logarithmic functions
- Algebra - laws and concepts, word problems
- Trigonometry - right angles, trigonometry functions and word problems
- Operation of a scientific calculator
*Continuing education points
*Workbooks for each seminar
*Beverage breaks (breakfast and lunch will be on your own)
Seminars begin promptly at 8:00AM and conclude at 4:30PM each day.
Class size is limited. Please contact ASSE before coming to determine if an opening is available.
Registrants canceling within 10 working days of the program will be refunded tuition less $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the workshop will not have tuition refunded. A $25 processing fee will be charged for substitutions. ASSE reserves the right to cancel any workshop or seminar two weeks prior to presentation. ASSE reserves the right to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
Whenever possible, arrangements will be made for special needs registrants provided ASSE receives 45 days advance notice. Please write a letter of explanation, your name and phone number, and attach to the registration form. ASSE will contact you.