- CSP Application Guide
- CSP Application Checklist
- CSP Application Form
- CSP Experience Form
- Experience Update Form
- Recertification Guide and Worksheet
- Recertification Worksheet
- Acceptable Recertification Support Documentation
- Common Mistakes on Recertification Worksheet
*ASP/CSP forms are the same.
Prepare individuals for the Comprehensive Examination leading to certification as a CSP.
Preparation for the Board of Certified Safety Professionals' Safety Fundamentals Examination.
Intensive review of essential math skills.
Workshop is intended to assist you in preparation for the CHST examination.
Workshop will provide you with the potential areas that will be covered on the OHST certification examination.
* This is applicable to participants who attend our ASP, CSP, CHST and OHST workshops and sit for the exam within one year of attending. Not valid with chapter or regional workshops.
Certified Safety Professional (CSP) Examination Preparation Workshop
3 Days / 2.1 CEUs
Prepare for the Comprehensive Practice examination leading to the CSP certification through lectures, sample problems, and discussion on the variety of subjects essential to the three domains of the exam.
- Collecting Safety, Health, Environmental, and Security Risk Information
- Assessing and Managing Safety, Health, Environmental, and Security Risk
- Concepts of probability, statistics and basic sciences
- Engineering: safety, environmental, occupational health and fire protection
- Applied management principles, ergonomic analysis, risk management
- Legal/ regulatory and issues
- Workers’ Compensation
Domain 1: Collecting Safety, Health, Environmental, and Security Risk Information
- Identify and characterize hazards, threats and vulnerabilities using equipment and field observation methods
- Design and use data management systems for collecting and validating risk information
- Collect and validate information on organizational risk factors by studying culture, management style, business climate, financial conditions, and the availability of internal and external resources
- Research applicable laws, regulations, consensus standards, best practices, and published literature using internal and external resource to develop benchmarks
Domain 2: Assessing Safety, Health, Environmental, and Security Risk Information
- Evaluate the risk of injury, illness, environmental harm, and property damage to which the public or an organization is exposed associated with the organization’s facilities, products, systems, processes, equipment, and employers
- Audit SHE and security management systems using appropriate auditing techniques to compare an organizations’ management systems against established standards for identifying the organization’s strength and weaknesses
- Analyze trends in leading and lagging performance indicators related to SHE and security management systems using historical information and statistical methods to identify an organization’s strengths and weakness.
Domain 3: Managing Safety, Health, Environmental, and Security Risk Identify and characterize hazards, threats and vulnerabilities using equipment and field observation
- Design effective risk management methods using the results of risk assessments
- Educate and influence decision makers to adopt effective risk management methods by illustrating business-related benefits
- Lead projects to implement the risk management methods adopted by decision markers using internal and external resources
- Promote a positive organizational culture that is conscious of its SHE and security responsibilities by communicating these responsibilities to all stakeholders
*Continuing education points
*Workbooks for each seminar
*Beverage breaks (breakfast and lunch will be on your own)
Seminars begin promptly at 8:00AM and conclude at 4:30PM each day.
Class size is limited. Please contact ASSE before coming to determine if an opening is available.
Registrants canceling within 10 working days of the program will be refunded tuition less $100 fee. Registrants who do not cancel and do not attend the workshop will not have tuition refunded. A $25 processing fee will be charged for substitutions. ASSE reserves the right to cancel any workshop or seminar two weeks prior to presentation. ASSE reserves the right to substitute faculty should unforeseen events occur.
Whenever possible, arrangements will be made for special needs registrants provided ASSE receives 45 days advance notice. Please write a letter of explanation, your name and phone number, and attach to the registration form. ASSE will contact you.