2009, National Safety Council; hardcover; 877 pages
For more than 50 years, professionals have relied on the Accident Prevention Manuals for unbiased, well-researched information on best practices in safety and health. The manuals outline industry standards for progressive safety programs and administrative practices reflecting current industry trends and regulations.
This comprehensive manual focuses on facilities, workplace exposure and protections, materials handling and production operation. Topics include:
- Buildings and facility layout
- Maintenance of facilities
- PPE, electrical equipment
- Fire protection
- Workers with disabilities
- Manual handling and materials storage
- Hand and portable power tools
Also included are new chapters on:
- Nanomaterials in the workplace
- Occupational medical surveillance
In addition, revised and updated chapters on:
- Facility construction
- Safety through design
This newest edition keeps you on the cutting edge of safety engineering and technological design for industrial facilities.
Recommended by the Board of Certified Safety Professionals for candidates preparing to take the examinations for the Certified Safety Professional designation.