Scope and Function
C. Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs.
This function involves:
© Copyright 1996 American Society of Safety Engineers. All rights reserved.
- Preparing reports which communicate valid and comprehensive for hazard controls which are based on analysis and interpretation of accident exposure, loss event and other data.
- Using written and graphic materials, presentations and other communication media to recommend hazard controls and hazard control policies, procedures and programs to decision making personnel.
- Directing or assisting in planning and developing educational and training materials or courses. Conducting or assisting with courses related to designs, policies, procedures and programs involving hazard recognition and control.
- Advising others about hazards, hazard controls, relative risk and related safety matters when they are communicating with the media, community and public.
- Managing and implementing hazard controls and hazard control programs which are within the duties of the individual's professional safety position.